Thursday, August 12, 2010

Haul # 1: Mixed stuff

I was planning on buying the coveted NARS Sheerglow today because I couldn't take the rave about it anymore. I have not read a blog nor watched a You Tube video that the guru/blogger is saying bad things about such foundation. What's holding me back? Mainly the price, second my conscience is telling me that I still haven't finish my MUFE HD Foundation and my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I shooo off my conscience and went on ahead to Rustan's Gateway. Armed with my P2,500 budget, I was determined to get out of the store with my new foundation. I thought so.... The rep told me they only have light shades, I have to go to a different branch which I am lazy to do so. Until, I ended up with this haul....



First stop, I went to Landmark to pick up a Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish because I'm interested with the flat brush applicator because I suck at painting my nails. The rep offered their Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat and I needed it so I picked that up too. Until... I stopped by the Revlon Counter, I spotted the PhotoReady  Foundation. I know it's been out for a long time but hear me out why the late purchase. I first spotted the dark caramelly shades and I gasp! Finally they brought the whole shades. I've been wanting this foundation for a long but here in the Philippines, the darkest shade that they had was Medium Beige which is too light for me. I asked the rep for Golden Beige and viola! Tried and tested and found my match! I will throw my 2 cents on this, I need to try this for a week at least, to give my full review on it even if it's so late now.


 



Next stop, The Body Shop. I never go to the mall without stopping at TBS. Ever since my great experience with the Tea Tree Line to treat my blemishes, I keep on going there to buy a stuff or two. And the best part is, they always have discounts at least like 10% off and I am excited to accumulate my Love Your Body points. My main target when I entered is to purchase the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion then I picked up the cotton rounds. When I was already at the counter, I saw the Tea Tree Oil is on a 40%off though I still have a half full of this, I decided to grab another one because I couldn't resist the discount. I love this product, it really dries out pimples.



Last stop, I went to National Bookstore because I've been planning to buy a beauty/make up book for a long time and I keep forgetting because I'm always at the health and beauty stores. (lol) I picked this up because it's great read for make-up beginners like me. If you get a chance grab a copy because it's on sale for 20% off. I only paid P492 for this.

I am so happy with the stuff that I got today. I didn't expect to get special deals today considering it's not even pay day sale. Even though I didn't get a hold of the NARS Sheerglow Foundation, I know I'll be back for you. Wait for me.... hahaha!

P2,500 = my supposed NARS Sheerglow budget

                           VS

P   925 = Revlon PhotoReady foundation
     365 = Sally Hansen nail polish
     335 = Sally Hansen base &top coat
     717.50  = TBS Blemish Fade Night Lotion (10%off)
     297 = TBS Tea Tree Oil (40%off)
     150 = TBS Cotton Rounds
     492 = Beauty and Make-up Book
P3,281.50 = TOTAL damage to my wallet but I'm one happy camper ^_^

FYI: $1 = P45

    

No comments:

Post a Comment