Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Skincare Line


Since I started using makeup, I have been breaking out badly and the skincare that I was using at that time was not working for me anymore. I have an acne-prone skin. I can get pimples easily by not getting enough sleep, if it's that time of the month, or if the weather is hot. I have an oily t-zone. I learned to invest more on my skincare now than makeup.

My love for the Tea Tree skincare line started with the Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser.


The TBS rep told me that since it's a foaming face wash, you can use it without water and just wipe it off with tissue. Of course, I would never clean my face without water especially I wear makeup almost everyday but that's a good information I could use. After I washed my face, it feels cool because of the peppermint. A bit drying but not to the point where it hurts. Maybe if you have a dry skin, it will hurt because it removes excess oils. The scent can be bothersome at first but I got use to it eventually. It's a green tea, woody smell. As you can see, I'm almost out of it. Will I repurchase? Definitely.


Next stop is the Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash...


Why do I have two facial wash of the same line? Because I just wanted to give this a shot. The price is a bit cheaper than the foaming face wash. It does the same job. It doesn't  have that minty effect to it though but it cleanses my face so well and removes my makeup great. It doesn't foam or lather because the consistency is watery. After I washed my face with this, it does not feel as dry as the foaming face wash made me feel. I have the same problem with this with the whole Tea Tree line which is the scent. However the scent of this is the strongest. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I can still smell that green tea, woody scent to it. I find it unbearable. Everytime I use this, I always wash my face immediately. Will I repurchase? This is a no for me only because of the strong scent. I'll stick with the foaming wash. 

Now here's the Tea Tree Oil Facial Toner...



I used to not see the point of using a toner. I thought it's just an added step to my skin regimen and my budget. Not until I tried this one. After I washed my face, I will apply toner with cotton rounds and will see traces of makeup. I'm like yikes! I don't want to sleep with those icky stuff. Maybe that's one thing that contributed to my blemishes. You need to shake this first before you apply it because there are powders at the bottom of it. I think it is responsible for absorbing the oils on the skin. I actually use toner before I apply makeup to ensure a smoother application. It has a cooling effect to it after use. It is absorbed by my skin easily. It feels dry afterwards so you really need to moisturize. The scent? Bearable. Repurchase? Yes. :)


Up next is what a call my "savior in a bottle".  The Tea Tree Oil...




Why do I call this my savior in a bottle? Well, it helps to dry my pimple fast. Not only that, this oil does a few other things which I already tried. According to The Body Shop website:

"For blemishes, apply a small amount directly onto blemishes using a clean cotton wool bud or your fingertip as preferred. For bathing, add six drops into the bath once it has run, and disperse with your hand, for an aromatic and soothing soak. Add to a warm foot bath, to help combat foot odour. For facial steaming or inhalation, add three or four drops to a bowl of steaming water, lean over the bowl and cover your head with a towel. Inhale deeply for a few minutes. For massage, warm six drops between the palms of your hands and then massage straight onto the skin, using palms and fingers to distribute them evenly over the body, applying extra pressure to work tired or tense muscles. If preferred it can be used with a carrier oil."

The scent? Not that strong. Repurchase? I already have a back-up. ;) The other thing I like about this is the packaging. Since you only need a drop or two, the inner lid helps you control the amount of product you need.



Now that my pimples has dried out, what's the next problem? Acne marks of course. So here's Tea Tree Blemish Night Lotion



Does this totally removes traces of acne? Nope? It's just meant to "fade"  and improve acne marks. My acne-marks were dark and big so by just using this, it helps minimize it. So I conceal acne-marks easily. It's light-weight and easily absorbed by the skin. There's a cooling and tingling sensation once applied. I don't feel that it moisturizes my skin enough so I incorporate my Vitamin E night moisturizer after this to bring back moisture to my skin. It's cream-based formula that is light green in color. The scent? Kinda strong but bearable. Repurchase? Oh yeah. :)



Finally, the  Tea Tree Blotting Tissues
Somehow this picture wouldn't rotate the right way so sorry if I give you a stiff neck. :P
For me, all blotting tissues are the same. This do the same job like some other ones that I used to use. I keep this in my make up bag when I touch up. I do carry a blot powder but I feel it's hygienic if I remove the oil first before the powder. It has that woody scent to it. Repurchase. Yes since I'm already in this line. Though as I've said, it works the same as other blotting tissues out there.

There you have it my TBS Tea Tree Skincare line. I do incorporate some TBS Vitamin E and C in my skincare regimen just to cover the ones that the Tea Tree cannot like especially keeping th moisture in my skin. Nonetheless, this products works for me and this is worth the try. Thanks!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment