Saturday, September 11, 2010

Review: MAC Pink on the Cheeks, Pink on the Lips Look

This is a review of MAC's Pinch O' Peach blush and MAC's Pink Nouveau lipstick. I tried this look today to see how it would come out. If it is ok to have pink cheeks and bright pink lips. There's a Barbie girl inside all of us girls I know. :)




Let's start with the blushPinch O' Peach


Seriously. where's the peach in here? It all looks pink to me. I really want to understand why MAC named this Pinch O' Peach when it all looks pink on the pan and on my cheeks. Can somebody enlighten me? It will be highly appreciated. :) Anyway, pink or peach, I love this blush. I was about to get Well Dressed blush because of the great reviews I've seen. Instead, the MUA recommended this because I have a warmer skin tone, this will show up well on my skin with the same Well Dressed effect. This is a Sheertone blush. Meaning when you first apply this, it will not show up instantly. You need to build the color to how much you want it to show up. I say this gave me that pink flush and glow so I'm really loving this. 

I apply it with my Sigma F40 brush.



Now here's the lipstick, Pink Nouveau


I first found about this gorgeous pink lipstick when I read Cosmo's August issue and it was a part of the Beauty Awards thing. It was said to be worn by most local celebrities which answers my question. Because everytime I watch TV, I often see pink bright lips. I keep asking myself, what's that lippy? I want! :)  When I went to MAC and saw it for the first time, I like gasp because it's really pretty and bright but can I wear it?  haha. I'm a neutral girl and a bit conservative when it comes to colors. The MUA told me  if I 'm  not yet confident to wear this shade, I should apply it with a lip brush to tone down the color. This I did and now I can apply it straight from the tube. It makes my lips stand out and when I'm out, people gives me a curious look, a nice curious looks on my lips (and so I think or I'm just imagining). This lasts a long time on me unlike most of my lipsticks.This will be a keeper in my collection. :)

Worn alone:




With MAC's Nymphette lipglass on the center of my lips to make it look fuller:



Swatches:

Pink Nouveau lipstick and Pinch O' Peach blush

I decided not to put any eye make up on so that the focus will be on my cheeks and lips.
The look together:


I was also wearing:
Smasbox Photo finish primer
MUFE HD foundation #140
MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in medium dark
MAC's Zoom Lash in Black

Thanks!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment