Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Body Shop Autumn Trend


 

Last week I attended the free makeup workshop by The Body Shop where they launched their new Autumn Trend makeup line. We were taught how to do the “smokey eyes”.  One thing I couldn’t do and is scared to do. :P It seems silly but black eyeshadows and black eyeliners give me the chills. I feel that I could easily go wrong with it and end up looking like I’ve been punched in the eyes (lol). I never pass up on FREE makeup workshop because I think that it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. I had a lot of fun. The Body Shop did not disappoint me. The MUA thought how us to cleanse, tone, and moisturize. We were able to use exclusive The Body Shop’s skincare and makeup.





We were given freebies after the workshop:


What’s inside?

Samples of Tea Tree facial wash (hg skincare, review here), Aloe Soothing day cream and Vit C skin boost
At the back of each samples, there’s a sticker:

Our free dinner:



I just got 3 items from the Autumn Trend which is the Kajal Liner in Silver because they’re sold out on the black one and I don’t like the green one. A lipstick which I ended up giving to my mom because when she saw it she said, “wow ganda, bagay sa kn” so I got the message. Haha. The 3 eyeshadows are dupable that’s why I didn’t get any. For the blushes despite that it’s pretty, I find them too shimmery. My favorite purchase is the lightening touch under-eye concealer. I’ve been using it for a week now and I’m lovin’ it.

The kajal liner can be used as an eyeshadow base and works great as eyeliner too.



Lightening touch under-eye concealer (04) is supposed to diffuse light under your eyes so that it will appear brighter.
  
It is more on the peachy tone which is great for concealing dark under-eye circles. The consistency is liquidy making it easy to work with and dries quickly. It does not accentuate fine lines. There’s a cooling effect once applied which is nice. =)



Me and the lovely MUA:



I truly enjoy being a Love Your Body member. They very generous to their members. You can join their Facebook fan page to get the latest news and schedules of their free makeup workshop. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment