Monday, September 13, 2010

Review: Makeup Forever HD Foundation


I bought this foundation in June at a MUFE store in Shangri-la. Honestly, I got it because of the You Tube hype. Plus I was going to attend a wedding and I know there will be a lot of photo ops. lol :P

According to MUFE's site, this foundation was originally created to keep the complexion of the actors looking flawless 6x magnification of high definition compared to regular cameras. It does not accentuate wrinkles leaving natural looking skin. Enriched with moisturizing agents so it leaves your skin soft and radiant. This new generation of textures leaves your close-up perfect, yet so natural it won't look like you're wearing makeup at all.


The GOOD:
- it looks natural when you have it on. My mother-in-law even asked me what  foundation I was wearing  at the wedding because she knows that I have makeup on but she said it looks natural.
- this is medium coverage so if this is the coverage that you want then it is good.
- there are 25 shades to choose from.
- did not break me out.
- one pump is just enough to cover your whole face.
- if you're from a country where there is a Sephora (which we don't have here, boohoo!), I heard that you can ask for samples. So you can try and test it first before investing your money.
- looks great in pictures.
- it is liquidy so it's not hard to apply and blend.


- it has a pump. Hallelujah! So you can control the amount that you need and I find it sanitary.


The BAD:
- the price! This must be the most expensive makeup product that I bought. It was P2,300. :P
- this is medium coverage and it's not buildable or else your face will look cakey. Acne scarring or under eye circles will still be visible so you need to ready your concealer.
- it does not last that long. For my combination-oily skin, it lasted only upto 4hrs then I can see that it starts to slide off. 

Finish:
Dewy for me. I have combination oily skin.

Application:
- Sigma F60 (foundation brush)
- Sigma F15 (stippling brush)
- ELF Studio flat top powder brush,
- wet wedge sponge
- my spirit fingers. haha!
You name it I tried it. I found best for this is a wet wedge sponge because it gives a more airbrushed finish. I don't always like using my fingers with liquid foundations. My ELF brush is good as well but it absorbs a lot of the product. My Sigma stippling brush leaves streaky marks because of the foundation's watery consistency and  for my Sigma foundation brush, it takes time for me to finish my whole face.


 I set it with:
- MAC's blot powder since it's looks a bit shiny on my skin.
- MAC mineralized skin finish natural to add more coverage.
- The Balm's sexy mama translucent powder if I will take pictures that day.
Since this is meant for HD cameras, it is best to finish it with translucent powder because if you use tinted powders then it will loose it's purpose. I heard that it should be paired with the MUFE HD translucent powder as it was made to work together. Makes sense right?


Recommendation:
I think this is an amazing product since I have not broken out from it and I haven't heard any reviews from the gurus that they broke out from this too. I think if you're a person that always takes pictures of yourself and/or make videos, then this is a must-have for you. But if you're a regular person just like me, I say skip it because there are a lot of drugstore foundations in the market that does the same amazing job but the price is cheaper.

Do I regret this or not?
I honestly say, I regret it. Mainly because it's too pricey for regular use because I cannot keep it forever and take it out when I will attend special occasions as this product expires after 12mos from the day that you opened it.  I'm not picture addict and I don't do videos so I could have pass on this.

I hope this review helps you if you're thinking of purchasing it yourself. Thanks!

A picture of me at the wedding. Oh yes I'm camera shy. :)

More reviews to come....



    

2 comments:

  1. Great pics =) I really like the pleating on your beautiful top! I like the MUFE HD too, but it's a little heavy and definitely pricey as you said.

    ReplyDelete