Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FOTD: Drugstore and mini-review


I started using makeup 7 years ago when I got my first job. I remember I only had a Ponds compact foundation and a Maybelline lipstick. I will use my lipstick as a blush as my mom thought me. lol. That's it and I was happy with that. Two years ago, I got hooked on Maybelline cosmetics and that's all I used until You Tube came a year later then discovered beauty bloggers. My eyes was open up to high-end makeup. But no matter how I'm enjoying high -end makeup, I still miss and go back to drugstore makeup. Mainly because the price is cheaper and it works for me.




Wet N'Wild Natural Wear Foundation (Golden) - This is my current favorite drugstore makeup because it's cheap and I love the quality. I got this from my favorite E-bay powerseller for P160. This is made from 100% natural ingredients and the packaging is made of eco-friendly materials. It is not sturdy though. So be careful to get this wet and it will easily bend. The coverage is sheer if you're going for a "no makeup look". It did not irritate my skin. I often used this as a finishing powder to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for extra coverage and alternating this with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.
E.L.F Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder - I'm impressed with the studio line because of it's sleek packaging, inexpensive (P249.75) and better quality than the original line. I'm not a bronzer person but I love using this because it is buildable and does not make me look muddy. The blush is sheer too with shimmers but not chunky glitters. It does not last for that long though so I use this to top with my cream blush.
Wet N' Wild Megaglo Illuminating Powder (Spotlight Peach) - I got this for P120 also from my favorite E-bay powerseller. This is a versatile product because it can work individually or together. Use individually as an eyeshadow, or use the lightest shimmery shade as a highlight, the darkest shade can be a bronzer or swirl your brush to get a peachy-bronzy blush. I'm in love with this product because it warms up my cheeks nice.

Wet N' Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette (Vanity) - I love this palette because you get the best of both worlds. The left side are all matte then the right side are all shimmery shadows. This is a must-have because this is perfect for everyday neutral wear. It is highly pigmented and it blends easily. I use the darkest matte shadow to do my brows.

Wet N Wild Ultimate Expressions (Paradise Cove) - Another palette I scored at my favorite E-bay powerseller. Probably these palettes are the reason why I'm not yet hooked in MAC eyeshadows because I enjoy working with these shadows. The two on the left are highlighters, the four in the middle works as crease colors and eyeliners, and the ones on  the right are lid colors. This is a good mixture of browns and purples. It is highly pigmented and blends easily. 



Maybelline EYESTUDIO Shadow Liner (White) - I usually use this to line the inner lower lash line to brighten up the eyes. I tried to use this an eyeshadow base to make the eyeshadow more vibrant. It is hard to blend though but it made the eyeshadow vibrant.
Covergirl LashBlast Fusion (Very Black) - This mascara promises Volume+Length. In my experience this more on volumize my lashes than lengthen. But I love this mascara. It is not waterproof but does not flake at the end of the day.
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick (Soft Nude) - I'm not a big fan of nude lipsticks because I'm still practicing with my killer smokey eyes. lol. I'm a fan of the packaging because it looks like Chanel lipsticks. The texture is creamy and does not dry out lips.

The look:




No comments:

Post a Comment