Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: MAC Studio Fix Fluid



I bought this last March and imagine my excitement when I went to the MAC counter and I pretended it’s a no biggie purchase for me where in fact, it is. :P This the first high-end foundation that I bought and I admit, me and MAC Studio Fix fluid have this love-hate relationship. :P I used to use Maybelline cosmetics line. It used to be my HG makeup. Then along came You Tube, watched faffinettex3’s videos and I love her, she uses this and as an avid fan, there I followed her recommendation. Do I like it? Yes and No. :P 



According to MAC:
A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.

 
The GOOD:

Ø  Coverage is medium to full which means it great with hiding my acne scars and I don’t need to conceal much. Why I first fell in love with this.
Ø  Has SPF15 for sun protection.
Ø  A little goes a long way.
Ø  The consistency is a bit liquidy to creamy so I find it easy to blend.
Ø  Lasts a long time like 6-8hrs. Depending on the weather.
Ø  Pictures well.



The BAD:

Ø  No pump! Why oh why would a cosmetic company not include a pump? Is it a strategy of some sort to spend more? I’m from the Philippines and MAC stores here don’t sell a single pump. So I’m really bitter on this one. Plus the fact that a lot of product comes out than I would normally use, so it’s such a waste. 
Ø  As much as I love the coverage, it freakin’ breaks me out. I cannot use this everyday or else my face will be pimple poppin’ like popcorn. So I tend to skip 2 days before I use this again.
Ø  The smell, it smells like paint. I can even smell my face after application which is bad. So I finish it with MAC’s Fix+ to tone it down. I asked my son to kiss my cheeks one time and then he just said “eiw”. L
Ø  It transfers easily. When I was out and carried my son, he was actually wearing a white polo. I saw yellow stains on his polo which is embarrassing.



Finish:
Matte for my combination-oily skin.


Application:

Ø  Sigma F60 (foundation brush)
Ø  Sigma F15 (stippling brush)
Ø  ELF Studio flat top powder brush
Ø  wet wedge sponge
Ø  my spirit fingers. haha!
You name it I tried it. I found best application for this is the first three but my favorite is the ELF Studio flat top powder brush.


 I set it with:

Ø  MAC's blot powder
Ø  The Balm's sexy mama translucent powder

Recommendation:
A lot of people have mixed reviews on this. Some love it some hate it. Some says they broke out from it, some says they didn’t. I guess if you have acne prone or sensitive skin, then you might wanna steer away from this. If you’re willing to take a risk then that’s up to you.

Do I regret this or not?
I’m half-hearted on this one. I really love the finish and coverage that it gives. I love how it looks on pictures. I get compliments on Facebook that my friends say I look blooming. Of course, I didn’t tell them I was wearing this foundation. Haha! I can honestly live with the fact that it doesn’t have a pump and its strong scent, but one thing that really makes me hate this is the fact that it breaks me out.

Repurchase?
I am halfway through my first bottle. This would be a maybe for me. I am saving up on a Chanel foundation because I have heard great reviews on it. Any recommendation? Thanks!




The Face Shop Face primer violet
MAC SFF NC30
The Balm Sexy Mama translucent pressed powder
The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer
The Balm Cabana Boy blush
Benefit Highbeam

Eyes:
The Body Shop Lightening Touch Concealer 04
UDPP
Stila Kitten eyeshadow all over the lid upto browbone
Stila Heather eyeshadow all over the lid
Stila Barefoot Contessa eyeshadow at the crease
Wet N' Wild Vanity palette darkest brown shade to deepen the crease and for the eyebrows
UD Zero eyeliner
Maybelline Studio white eyeliner to the inner lower lid
MAC Zoom Lash mascarra

Lips:
Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Born With It
ELF's Superglossy lipshine in Pink Kiss

     

No comments:

Post a Comment