Monday, September 27, 2010

Rewiew: The Body Shop Body Scrubs

In my "old" age I just recently found out about the benefits of body scrubs. Honestly, I became more aware of it when I joined the Love Your Body membership of The Body Shop. I enjoy talking to their reps because they know a lot about their products and it's benefits without feeling the pressure of buying it. lol. Exfoliating removes the dead skin of the body. It helps in rejuvenating the skin by exposing the smoother and supple layer of skin.Sounds good right? There are a lot of body scrubs out in the market and these two are my first body scrubs. You can actually make your own body scrubs from scratch. As pinkiecharm would always say, "make google your bff". Very true, hahaha. Well most women are on-the-go so I prefer mine pre-made. ;)

Strawberry Body Polish 


According to The Body Shop:
Have good, clean fun and smooth skin at the same time thanks to this fragrance foaming gel-based scrub that's gentle enough to use everyday. Dead skin cells are removed in no time, revealing brighter, healthy-looking skin thanks to natural exfoliators. Containing Community Trade organic honey.

I say: 
I love this product as it is true it's gentle enough to be used everyday. However, I do not use this every single day because I still follow the rule to scrub your body 2-3 times a week. I still prefer to use shower gels everyday because it is more gentle and I don't like that rough texture on my skin. It smells sooo good and it truly smells like strawberries. It is gel-based so it lathers a bit than cream-based body scrubs which don't lather at all. I use TBS' bath gloves to help it  exfoliate faster since this product is gentle than the cream-based ones. My skin does not feel dry after I used it but I still slap my skin with body butter. I love that the sweet strawberry scent clings on to my body. I do not have a sensitive skin so I did not have any problems after I used this. I appreciate that you can control the amount you can use and I find it sanitary because of the small hole.



Ingredients:


Strawberry juice - Is rich in vitamin c and antioxidant compounds that help to protect and nourish the skin. Is rich in salicylic acid, which has good pore-cleansing properties. Provides the naturally sweet and sumptuous fragrance. Provides the red colour of the product.





Crushed walnut shells and kiwi seeds - Gently exfoliate the skin.





organic honey - Moisturises the skin.





Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Acrylates Copolymer (Stabiliser), Juglans regia (Walnut Shell Powder) (Exfoliant), Parfum (Fragrance)


Papaya Body Scrub

According to The Body Shop:
A moisturising, cream-based, gently exfoliating scrub that helps remove dead skin cells and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.

I say:
This is a no fail for me too. I love how my skin feels smooth after use. The sweet papaya scent doesn't cling on to my body for too long. This is cream-based so it will not lather. I use my hands instead than the TBS Bath Gloves because it absorbs a lot of the product and it feels too abrasive. My skin feels dry after use so I never forget to moisturize my skin with a body butter. I use a plastic spoon to scope the product out because if I dig my wet hands in the tub, then the whole contents will be wet, too.




Ingredients:



Papaya seed oil - Moisturises the skin.






Ground rice, avocado stones and kiwi seeds - Gently exfoliate the skin.






Cocoa butter - Is an excellent moisturiser that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth. Enables the development of community projects such as schools and village wells, in addition to providing small scale farmers with income to support.






Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Tocophe


Overall Thoughts:
These products deliver to their promise. However, I find it pricey because I think the Strawberry Polish is around P695 and the Papaya Body Scrub is P995. The Body Shop do have promos and discounts weekly so you can try it without paying for the full price. If I will repurchase? I probably will hold off because I am trying another body scrub which I got from Liz of Project Vanity's contest and so far I'm loving it. Plus it's inexpensive. A review of the Asian Secrets is coming up as soon as I finish my tub. Watch out for it. Thanks!

       




No comments:

Post a Comment