Saturday, October 9, 2010

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

I got this foundation last August and this may be a late review to post since this has been out last year (I think). Why the late purchase? First of all, it was just last August that Revlon released all of the shades here in the Philippines. I think the darkest shade was Cool Beige which was too light for me. So when I saw that Golden Beige is available at Landmark, I didn't hesitate to try it. I think with the reviews that I read, this one got 50-50 opinions, some people love it, some people hate. And it's all because of the shimmers. I'm not fond of shimmers all over my face but I took the risk and bought this foundation. Some even say it's a dupe for MUFE HD Foundation which I don't like by the way and ended up reselling it. :P



Do you see the shimmers? It's for real.

According to REVLON:
Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.
- Oil free
- Fragrance free
- SPF 20

The GOOD:
  • It has a decent pump. Nobody can argue how great the pump is. You can definitely control the amount of product you need to use. I think this has the best pump even compared to high-end foundations.
  • Great packaging.
  • Has SPF20 for sun protection.
  • Good coverage. Medium-full. If you have dark acne spots like mine, you need just a little concealer.
  • Lasted for a good 6 hours unlike MUFE HD :P
  • I didn't break me out.
  • Available in 12 shades. That's wide range for a drugstore foundation.
  • It looks good in person unlike the MUFE HD which only looks good in pictures.
  • I get compliments when I wear this foundation. They say I look glowy or they're eyes are being tricked by the shimmers.lol.
  • Does not feel heavy on my face.
  • Does not have that paint-like smell like MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

The BAD:
  • Does not look good on me on pictures. I look oily and shiny.
  • Pretty hefty price for a drugstore foundation. (P995).









Overall Thoughts:
I love this foundation and I will repurchase this. Sometimes the shimmers bothers me so what I do is I mix it with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid to lessen the shimmers or some say they mix it with their Revlon Colorstay which I don't have. The coverage becomes full and I don't need to conceal. I always set this with MAC's Blot powder since I have combination-oily skin. If you're still unsure if you want to buy this or not, I suggest you visit a Revlon counter near you, then ask the rep to try this on you. Do not be shy and feel pressured to buy this even if she raises her eyebrows. lol. Walk-around the mall or when you come home ask your loved ones opinion. You need to get your moneys worth.;)


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could buy it, but here in Spain is not available yet and I don't feel like buying it on the net without knowing if it's going to be my colour...

    By the way, nice blog. I follow you :) Would you mind following back? It would make me really happy!! And don't forget to participate in my giveaway, it ends in 3 days!! good luck!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete