Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review and FOTD: Stila Road To Radiance USA Palette


If you read my post about my OMG Haul, I mentioned that I read Temptalia's review on the Stila's Road to Radiance palette and how she hated the eyeshadows and loves the convertible lip and cheek color. Of course, she was right. I knew it because she's an expert in reviewing makeup but I still went ahead and bought the palette. I am not saying I hate the palette, in fact, I'm in love with it and I can't wait till the other palettes arrive here.







According to Stila the palette includes:
Four Eye Shadows:
- Snow Bunny (shimmery champagne)
- Southern Belle (mauve)
- Valley Girl (pink)
- City Chick (alloy)

Convertible Color:
- Hibiscus (neutral pink)

Hibiscus convertible color, Top left: Southern Belle and Snow Bunny, Lower Left: City Chick and Valley Girl
The GOOD:
  • packaging is made of hard cardboard paper which will not easily bend or break when you bring it for travel. It was created mainly for that purpose. (duh, travel palettes as Stila calls it) lol.
  • the print and design is cute and stylish.
  • it has a mirror big enough to see your face when you put on makeup.
  • Hibiscus convertible color is creamy and easy to blend, gives a natural flush when applied on the cheeks, gives a natural hint of neutral pink on the lips, stays on for hours on the cheeks.
  • Snow Bunny and Southern Belle are great lid colors to brighten up the eyes. 
  • City Chick  is best applied on the outer third of the lid by just patting the color  to deepen it.
The BAD:
  •  the eyeshadows are hard to work with making it not easy to blend. I own 3 Stila eyeshadows and I'm used to it's buttery texture which makes it easy to work with.
  • poor pigmentation on the eyeshadows especially Valley Girl.
  • you cannot use all four eyeshadows to work together since it is hard to blend.
  • since this is a palette and the convertible blush is cream, it can easily pick up pigments from the eyeshadows if you are not careful.
Stila claims: 

I say:
Nope. Stila used the price for their full sized products. Why would you use full price when the products here are not full size? Oh yes, studied this in Marketing class. :P

Left side is a full size Stila convertible color which is 4.25g VS 2.7g the one on the palette
On top is a full size Stila eyeshadow which is 2.6g VS 1.07g each eyeshadow in the palette
Hibiscus on the cheeks
Snow bunny over the lid upto browbone, Valley Girl on the crease, and City Chick on the outer V
Hibiscus on the lips as well
Overall thoughts:
I appreciate that Stila tried hard to make this palette affordable to reach out to some of us bargainistas. I am forgiving to the fact that this palette included inferior eyeshadows. If I am to customize this palette, I'll keep Hibiscus convertible color, Snow Bunny and City Chick eyeshadows because this can pass as an everyday simple and quick makeup. I have no regrets buying this palette. I look forward to other travel palettes to arrive here in the Philippines. Thanks!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment