Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Pond's Activated Carbon Facial Wash

I was passing by Watson's 3 mos ago when this facial wash caught my eye because of the black tube packaging. I haven't seen the ads on this at that time. So when I saw it, it says "Ponds", I'm like, say what? I  asked myself, is somebody copying Ponds and disguising in that black packaging? hahaha. I was used to their pink and white packaging. Intrigued as I was, I didn't buy it. Why? I was suffering from blemishes at that time and I was not interested in any whitening stuff. I was just starting out with my TBS Tea Tree Skincare and it was going well so I didn't want to interrupt it by introducing another facial wash.

Come August, I picked up a copy of  a magazine and included a sample of this. So I tried it and men I loved it! Pond's was used to be my hg skincare because it's inexpensive and readily available. The only reason I switched is because it didn't help me treat my blemishes. So after I finished my sample, I bought a small tube to include in my present skincare regimen. It also said to be a unisex facial wash. Too bad my hubby's not with here with me. He's as vain as I am. :P




The product itself is creamy and black because it is formulated with activated carbon because heated carbon becomes 8x porous; hence increasing it's ability to detoxify and gently exfoliate dead skin cells while retaining the needed moisture. This is according to Ponds and they have video demo on how it works so I'll leave all the explaining to them. ;P

The GOOD:
  • inexpensive considering that you can buy a sachet of it
  • readily available even at your local stores
  • non-drying. After I wash my face with this, it does not feel tight.
  • it helps whiten acne scars
  • you just need a pea size amount to cover the whole face.
Th BAD:
  • the kinda strong musky scent
Overall Thoughts:
There's just 1/4 left on my 50g tube so I really love this product and this will be a permanent in my skincare regimen.Until then, thanks!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment